Friday, December 01, 2006

Christmas Is Just Around The Bend...




Christmas is just around the bend… As a child I thought Christmas is some kind of a ritual that is celebrated in the same way year after year. How can a child forget twinkling Christmas lights, glittering trees and gifts with ribbons. Or the memories of delicious food on the table (which was always more than the usual)…There were new dresses, and sometimes toys. In my eyes as a child, it was the most magical time of the year! 

As I grew older, I came to realize that Christmas is not actually the same every year. Not all Christmases are merry. There were times when Christmases were celebrated joyfully. But then, there were Christmases when we were in mourning. Not all times that food was abundant on the table. There were also quite a number of times that there was just enough to get by. But my childhood memories of Christmas were quite happy! Over the years, Christmas took on a different shape and persona. From simple family gatherings to extravagant corporate productions, each Christmas has given me joy. And for as long as I live, I will probably look forward to it every year. 

Now it is time for me to take out the boxes of decorations once more and light up the Christmas tree…

No comments: