Tuesday, June 02, 2015

Cebu Pardo Church

For a long time, I have wanted to take photos of the Pardo Church, unfortunately I never got the chance to drop by. One beautiful Sunday in March (2015),  me and my sis went to visit our dear relatives in Pardo Cemetery, and since the Pardo Church was just a walking distance from the cemetery, I finally got my longtime wish.

I am not an expert on church designs or structures, but compared to the other churches in Metro Cebu, Pardo Church looked quite old by far. And that is where its charm lies.

It was undergoing renovation or probably repairs when we visited.  I have observed that although the interiors of the church were kept to its original design, it was repainted for upkeep. That's good! 

Outside the church, progress has changed the look of Pardo. But thankfully, Pardo Church retained its historical look.











No comments: