Thursday, October 30, 2014

Tao Yuan Seafood Restaurant (Cebu)

Now let's get back to Tao Yuan Seafood Restaurant at the second level of J Mall. It was very easy to find it. Near the entrance across the supermarket, there is an elevator...

Taking the nice elevator to the restaurant


Glass Doors / Entrance to Tao Yuan

It is spacious inside and has a very nice interior design. Reminds me of some old popular Chinese restaurants in Cebu like, the now defunct White Gold Restaurant, and the old Majestic in the Grand Convention Center...


 



We were served first with Jasmine Tea in a white teapot, and some peanuts. I fell in love with the Jasmine tea because it smells soooo nice and tasted very light....


From hot to cold... hahaha... I did not know we will be served first with hot Jasmine Tea, so I ordered a cooler - Mango Shake. 


It was service deluxe! We felt like some kind of royalty with servers fawning all over us, even if our orders were just spring rolls, steamed rice, siomai, and lomi. Wow! hahaha... We wondered if this will still be the same service even when the restaurant is full with a lot of customers? At that time, there were only three tables waiting to be served. Later however, more and more people started trickling in...


Crabstick Spring Rolls

Siomai

Their version of Steamed Rice


Yummy Lomi

We thought the lunch we ordered was just enough. We did not want a lot. But the Lomi and the Steamed Rice were more than enough for two. We had to bring home the extra that were left. 

I have read rave reviews, but honestly the spring rolls were just about the same as in my other favorite Chinese Dimsum restaurants. Even the steamed rice did not impress me so much. But I was very happy with my lomi. Beats ChowKing a hundred miles. Of course, this one is not fast food. I get to realize that maybe we did not order their finest, that is why I missed the raves. Again I wouldn't want to make a conclusion based on some few trials. I will be happy giving this Tao Yuan another try.

Tao Yuan Seafood Restaurant
2nd level, J Centre Mall, A.S. Fortuna St.
Mandaue City
(032) 266 0505

No comments: