Sunday, October 26, 2014

Mandarin Plaza Hotel (Cebu)

Our next stop was Mandarin Plaza Hotel in Escario (actually more like Escario St.cor Archbishop Reyes Avenue). Kit was going to have a meeting there that afternoon. So after lunch at C2, we went down the stairs of Robinson's and took a taxi (lots of taxi are waiting in front of the department store). It was Sunday so there was no traffic, it took a maximum 15 minute drive to Mandarin.

Facade of Mandarin Plaza


Doorway to Mandarin Plaza

I find their lobby simple. Not many lounge chairs available. I wish they could add some more...
Lobby
That's the hallway to their retaurant - the Mandarin Bar and Restaurant...

View of the elevators from the lobby



Mandarin Bar and Restaurant

Another view of the Mandarin Bar and Restaurant

I waited for Kit in the restaurant instead of the lobby and ordered a watermelon shake. The restaurant was empty because it was late in the afternoon, too late for lunch and too early for dinner. 

That's my gorgeous watermelon shake. Surprisingly it was not too expensive. Wow thank you! I also observed the staff were attentive and nice. I like that.

From where I sat, Parklane Hotel is just an arms-length away. Actually Quest Hotel, Mandarin Plaza, and Parklane Hotel are very near each other. And they are all walking distance to Ayala Center Cebu. They are all also quite basically new hotels.


I have been to both Parklane and Quest hotels and have tried their restaurants. But not to Mandarin yet, because I guess it was the last among the three to finish construction. I have some hotels in my bucket list for checking and I think I will add Mandarin. Hopefully my next write up will include feedback on the accommodation and service.

There are a lot of taxis waiting outside so it was very convenient for us.

Mandarin Plaza Hotel
Archbishop Reyes Avenue Corner Escario Street,
Cebu City 6000, Philippines
Tel: 63 32 266 1111
Fax: 63 32 266 7788
Email: reservations@mandarinplazahotel.com

No comments: