Sunday, September 28, 2014

BonChon Chicken Ayala Center Cebu

Contrary to some common misconception, not all restaurants in Ayala Center Cebu are expensive. We can still find reasonable fares if we just have the patience to go browse in The Terraces...

One of our finds is BonChon Chicken.  It is located in the second level of Ayala Terraces overlooking the gardens.  It originated from South Korea but we found out that the food is not entirely Korean. We were skeptical at first and thought that - perhaps it is just another one of those fast foods chain. We were not entirely correct...     



The decor inside is simple and unassuming. The whole area of the restaurant is not even big. This is the interior below...




It's nice to gaze outside at passers-by while waiting for the food...
And here they come! My fish taco was good. The fish was crunchy on the outside and soft inside. I just wish there was more sauce. For 65 Php, it was cheaper compared to other tacos in the Mall. It was a good deviation from the usual meat tacos...
Fish Taco
I was raring to try the Bulgogi soup because I am curious about its taste. It did not actually looked quite impressive at first, but surprisingly it turned out to be good. It just proved that one can never judge something by its looks...
Bulgogi Soup
The last but not the least was the Crispy Shrimp Rice Box. It looks like the Japanese Tempura. One can choose among Spicy, Honey Citrus, and Soy Sauce flavors. My sister chose the Spicy, while I chose the Honey Citrus. Compared with the other Tempura I have tasted in the Terraces - I like this one the best!

My large Iced Tea was really big, and it clinched my meal perfectly.  For less than 500 Php, my sister and I were so full and overstuffed in return. The only comment I can give is that their food presentation is plain and unimaginative. But it does not really matter anyhow...

No comments: